All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMost of the literature on learning disabilities and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) focuses on the needs of elementary school-age children, but older students with these conditions also require significant support. Comprehensive and authoritative, this book helps educators and clinicians navigate the maze of laws, policies, and scientific research relating to diagstic and intervention decision making for adolescents and adults. Leading expert Noel Gregg provides clear guidance on how to conduct and document evidence-based assessments and select appropriate instructional and testing accommodations. Featuring helpful case vignettes, decision-making flowcharts, and coverage of the latest assistive techlogies, the book gives special attention to supporting students during the crucial transition from high school to higher education or vocational settings.
- Author BiographyNoel Gregg, PhD, is Distinguished Research Professor in the Departments of Psychology and Communication Sciences and Special Education at the University of Georgia (UGA). She founded the UGA Learning Disabilities Center in 1982 and served as its Director until 1997. From 1993 to 1997, Dr. Gregg served as Director of the Learning Disabilities Research and Training Center. During that period, she produced over 21 videos and teleconferences focusing on the adolescent and adult population with learning disabilities and ADHD. Dr. Gregg is also Director of the UGA Regents' Center for Learning Disorders. Her areas of specialization include adolescents and adults with learning disabilities and ADHD, accommodations, alternative media, assessment, written language disorders, and measurement validity. She has been a national expert witness for several key legal cases pertaining to accommodating adults with learning disabilities and ADHD on high-stakes tests. The author of several books and more than 100 scientific articles and book chapters, Dr. Gregg is a frequent conference presenter and speaker.
- Author(s)Noel Gregg
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication14/02/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight458 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.