Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.80Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
About this product
- DescriptionWho can foster and adopt? How will I be assessed? What challenges do adoptive families face? With 60,000 children in the care system and national child protection scandals hitting the headlines at an alarming rate, adoption and fostering are topical issues. It can be hard for prospective adopters and foster carers to get comprehensive, -nsense advice and guidance. This book is here to help. Packed with practical advice and the latest information, it takes you through the entire process: from making initial enquires and starting an application to the approval process and the first days at home. The legislative maze is fully explained and guidance is given on planning for your new family both emotionally and practically. Find out what to expect when meeting your child for the first time, how to get financial help and where to get further support. Whether you are considering foster care or adoption, want to understand and support the adoptive journey of a loved one or work with members of adoptive families, this essential guide will tell have all your questions answered.
- Author BiographyHolly Noseda helped launch the Adoption UK online community in 2003. The site was set up to help adopters and prospective adopters share their experiences and knowledge, and won Charity Website of the Year 2004. She continues to work with the charity on a freelance basis and remains involved with the community. An experienced writer and editor, Holly has written for national newspapers, websites and magazines. She currently works as a community manager, journalist, editor and consultant. Holly has studied social policy and lives with husband, James, and children, Mia, Alfie and Elliot in South East England.
- Author(s)Holly Noseda
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationPeterborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight190 g
- Width195 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.