Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionAdults who have suffered from an abusive childhood often have a difficult time functioning rmally and forming meaningful relationships. They grew up in an environment that was considered abrmal by society's standards, so it becomes very hard for them to understand what exactly a rmal relationship is. The mental and social effects of emotional abuse are perhaps the most complicated and prevalent. No matter what type of abuse a child suffers from, they will experience some kind of emotional or social consequence as a result. Once the child becomes an adult, these traits or thinking patterns have become second nature and it becomes far more difficult to change. A person's will is at the heart of their ability to change. 'Will' is what controls the human personality. It gives a person permission to express themselves. 'Will' must give them permission to change, in order for reprogramming of the mind to truly work. When a person takes control of their conditioning, they take back the keys to their own destiny. They longer allow their traumatic past to control their lives or allow others to manipulate them. Recovering from childhood abuse is a long and trying process, but it is one that allows the adult child to finally break free from the fear and anger that once controlled their life. It is possible to lead a happy and fulfilling life if the individual is willing and able to work through their issues and face their fears. From understanding what abuse is and the many forms it takes to family dynamics and reconditioning of the mind, this book will walk the individual in need of healing towards positive restoration and renewal.
- Author(s)Gary Sandalson
- Date of Publication23/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight64 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine1 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.