All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $70.55
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.30
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $68.15
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $32.91
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.36
- AU $67.59Trending at AU $76.01
About this product
- DescriptionWritten within a biopsychosocial framework, Cavanaugh and Blanchard-Fields' best-selling text covers the specific ages-stages of adult development and aging. In its unparalleled coverage of current research and theory, the authors draw clear connections between research and application. The book's focus on 'positive aging' and the gains and losses people experience across adulthood distinguish it from its competitors.
- Author BiographyJohn C. Cavanaugh, Ph.D., University of Notre Dame, is chancellor of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education. Previously, he was President of the University of West Florida. He is a fellow of the American Psychological Association, The American Psychological Society, and the Gerontological Society of America. He has been an American Council of Education Fellow and elected President of the Adult Development and Aging Division of the APA (Division 20). In addition, Dr. Cavanaugh was a Congressionally selected delegate to the 2005 White House Conference on Aging. His research interests in gerontology concern family care-giving as well as the role of beliefs in older adult's cognitive performance. He is also the co-author of HUMAN DEVELOPMENT: A LIFE-SPAN VIEW, Sixth Edition, with Robert V. Kail of Purdue University. Fredda Blanchard-Fields, Ph.D., is Professor of Psychology and Chair of the department at Georgia Institute of Technology. Her current research interests include social cognition in adulthood and aging as well as everyday problem solving and emotion regulation from adolescence through older adulthood. She has been published in Psychology and Aging, Developmental Psychology, Current Directions in Psychological Science, and other journals. She is a fellow of both the American Psychological Association and the Gerontological Society of America and a member of the American Psychological Society, the Society for Research and Child Development, and the Psychonomics Society.
- Author(s)Fredda Blanchard-Fields,John Cavanaugh
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication14/04/2009
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Out-of-print date26/06/2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour line drawings, black & white tables, figures, charts, graphs
- Weight1110 g
- Width191 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.