All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.48
About this product
- DescriptionSolidly grounded in theory and research, but concise and practice-oriented, Adult Learning: Linking Theory and Practice is perfect for master s-level students and practitioners alike. Sharan Merriam and Laura Bierema have infused each chapter with practical applications for instruction which will help readers personally relate to the material. The contents covers: * Adult Learning in Today s World * Traditional Learning Theories * Andragogy * Self-Directed Learning * Transformative Learning * Experience and Learning * Body and Spirit in Learning * Motivation and Learning * The Brain and Cognitive Functioning * Adult Learning in the Digital Age * Critical Thinking and Critical Perspectives * Culture and Context Discussion questions and activities for reflection are included at the end of each chapter.
- Author BiographySharan B. Merriam is professor emeritus of adult education and qualitative research at the University of Georgia, Athens. She is a four-time winner of the prestigious Cyril O. Houle Award for Outstanding Literature in Adult Education and is the author, coauthor, or editor of more than 26 books, including Learning in Adulthood, The Profession and Practice of Adult Education, The New Update on Adult Learning Theory, and Qualitative Research, all from Jossey-Bass, a Wiley brand. Laura L. Bierema is professor of adult education and human resource and organizational development at the University of Georgia, Athens. She is the author of several books including Critical Issues in Human Resource Development and Implementing a Critical Approach to Organizational Development.
- Author(s)Laura L. Bierema,Sharan B. Merriam
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication29/11/2013
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight636 g
- Width183 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.