AdvancED Flex Application Development: Building Rich Media X by Chirs Charlton, R. Blank, Hasan Otuome, Omar Gonzales (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.83Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.03Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany Flex books cover the basics--this book does something different, and goes far further. The authors, leading Flash platform developers at Almer/Blank, working with Adobe User Group communities, are the creators of the Rich Media Exchange (RMX), a social media network for Adobe developers. In covering just how the RMX was built, this book contains all the kwledge you need to build similar large-scale rich Internet applications with Adobe Flex. From the inception of the idea through to deployment, the authors show the techniques needed to plan and build advanced applications. You'll learn how to use forms, styles, validators, video, sound analysis, and framework caching, ensuring you make the most of the features introduced in Flex 3. Powerful applications require solid back ends. This book shows how to hook up a Flex application to PHP back-end systems such as Drupal and OpenAds. You'll learn how various parts of the RMX were built, including the blogs, event calendar, jobs board, and advertising system--elements that come together to really showcase the power of Flex. The RMX is built by Adobe developers for Adobe developers--a rewarding community relationship that guarantees results. The same spirit is carried into this book, with the authors wanting and helping to take you to the next level of Flash application development. What you'll learn * Effectively plan, wireframe, specify, develop, and release large-scale Flex applications, and discover what other development tools you'll want to start using immediately * Make your Flex applications look less like Flex with advanced styling and skinning techniques * Harness advanced Flex form features, including coding validators and building your custom form components * Implement a robust advertising system for a Flex application using OpenAds * Build powerful, custom multimedia players in Flex, including video players with the native VideoDisplay class and from scratch, and music players with advanced sound visualizationWho this book is for Office and SharePoint 2007 User's Guide: Integrating SharePoint with Excel, Outlook, Access and Word is a perfect reference for everyone who works at a company or organization that is using or planning to use either Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 or Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 and who wants to make a difference by developing content, collaboration, and benefiting from the synergism working with several Microsoft products can provide.
- Author BiographyChris Charlton is a software architect at Almer/Blank and an Adobe Flex champion. He is a CSS and ActionScript expert who successfully cannonballed into web development in the late 1990s and has been programming since childhood. Always caught up with the latest in Flash, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, and XML, Chris authored premium articles for the largest Dreamweaver/Flash community, DMXzone.com, and produced WebDevDesign, a popular web design and development podcast featured on iTunes. Somehow, Chris finds time to run an authorized Adobe user group, LA AIR, focused around open source and Adobe technologies. As a community leader, Chris remains a resident faculty member of the Rich Media Institute and lends himself to speak at large industry events, like JobStock, NAB, and FITC Hollywood. Brain cycles from Chris are always web standards, the Flash platform, and accessibility.
- Author(s)Chirs Charlton,Hasan Otuome,Omar Gonzales,R. Blank
- Date of Publication10/12/2007
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFriends of Ed
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures, bibliography
- Weight848 g
- Width193 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $43.42Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $44.21Trending at AU $48.15
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $22.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.