All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt some point or ather, you have probably encountered difficulty putting theory into practice when it comes to using ACT in sessions with clients. You aren't alone. Although ACT is a powerful treatment option for a number of psychological issues, such as anxiety, depression, trauma, eating disorders, and more, it is a complex, ever-evolving model, and as such it can often be difficult to deliver effectively. The truth is that even the most seasoned ACT therapist will face challenges in their client sessions from time to time. This is the only advanced professional ACT book on the market, and it is designed to help you close the gap between what you've learned in ACT training and your actual client sessions. Inside, licensed psychologist Darrah Westrup, PhD, provides valuable tips and real-life client scenarios to help you hone your understanding of the core processes behind ACT. You'll also learn practical strategies for moving past common barriers that can present during therapy, such as over-identifying with clients or difficulty putting theory into practice. Most importantly, you'll learn when to deliver specific ACT components, and how to adapt your treatment for each client. This user-friendly, pragmatic, and thoughtful guide does t promote error-free ACT, but rather, ways to identify and work with the therapy process as it unfolds. A must-read for any therapist or mental health professional interested in sharpening their ACT skills.
- Author BiographyDarrah Westrup, PhD, is a licensed clinical psychologist practicing in Colorado and California with an established reputation for her work as a therapist, program director, trainer, researcher, and consultant to practitioners at various firms and organizations. She is a recognized authority on post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) and has conducted numerous presentations and trainings at international, national, and local conferences, seminars, and workshops. She currently serves as an expert ACT consultant for the VA-wide evidence-based treatment rollout of ACT for depression, and has coauthored two books on ACT: Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for the Treatment of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and Trauma-Related Problems and The Mindful Couple.
- Author(s)Darrah Westrup
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication01/07/2014
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Weight702 g
- Width185 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.