All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, the authors address the concepts and termilogy that are needed to apply advanced control techniques in the process industry. The book is written for the process or control engineer that is familiar with traditional control but has little or experience in designing, installing, commissioning and maintaining advanced control applications. Each chapter of the book is structured to allow a person to quickly understand the techlogy and how it is applied. Application examples are used to show what is required to address an application. Also, a section of each chapter is dedicated to a more in-depth discussion of the techlogy for the reader that is interested in understanding the mathematical basis for the techlogy. A workshop is provided at the end of each chapter that explores the techlogy. The reader may view the workshop solution by going to the web site that accompanies the book. The book provides comprehensive coverage of the major advanced control techniques that are most commonly used in the process industry. This includes tools for monitoring control system performance, on-demand and adaptive tuning techniques, model predictive control, LP optimization, data analytics for batch and continuous processes, fuzzy logic control, neural networks and advancements in PID to use with wireless measurements. Since many readers may work with an existing DCS that does t support advanced control, a chapter of the book is dedicated to tools and techniques that the authors have found useful in integrating advanced control tools into an existing control system. Also, one chapter of the book addresses how dynamic process simulations may be easily created in a DCS to support checkout and operator training on the use of advanced control.
- Author(s)Mark Nixon,Terrence L. Blevins,Willy K. Wojsznis
- Date of Publication15/07/2010
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationResearch Triangle Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.