All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.50Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionThrough previous editions, Peter O'Neil has made rigorous engineering mathematics topics accessible to thousands of students by emphasizing visuals, numerous examples, and interesting mathematical models. Now, ADVANCED ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS features revised examples and problems as well as newly added content that has been fine-tuned throughout to improve the clear flow of ideas. The computer plays a more prominent role than ever in generating computer graphics used to display concepts and problem sets. In this new edition, computational assistance in the form of a self contained Maple Primer has been included to encourage students to make use of such computational tools. The content has been reorganized into six parts and covers a wide spectrum of topics including Ordinary Differential Equations, Vectors and Linear Algebra, Systems of Differential Equations and Qualitative Methods, Vector Analysis, Fourier Analysis, Orthogonal Expansions, and Wavelets, and much more.
- Author BiographyDr. Peter O'Neil has been a professor of mathematics at the University of Alabama at Birmingham since 1978. At the University of Alabama at Birmingham, he has served as chairman of mathematics, dean of natural sciences and mathematics, and university provost. Dr. Peter O'Neil has also served on the faculty at the University of Minnesota and the College of William and Mary in Virginia, where he was chairman of mathematics. He has been awarded the Lester R. Ford Award from the Mathematical Association of America. He received both his M.S and Ph.D. in mathematics from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. His primary research interests are in graph theory and combinatorial analysis.
- Author(s)Peter O'Neil
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication29/03/2011
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence, KY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNelson Engineering
- Content Note246
- Weight1720 g
- Width204 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edition Statement7th International edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.