All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a fundamental understanding of global illumination algorithms. It discusses a broad class of algorithms for realistic image synthesis and introduces a theoretical basis for the algorithms presented. Topics include: physics of light transport, Monte Carlo methods, general strategies for solving the rendering equation, stochastic path-tracing algorithms such as ray tracing and light tracing, stochastic radiosity including photon density estimation and hierarchical Monte Carlo radiosity, hybrid algorithms, metropolis light transport, irradiance caching, photon mapping and instant radiosity, beyond the rendering equation, image display and human perception. If you want to design and implement a global illumination rendering system or need to use and modify an existing system for your specific purpose, this book will give you the tools and the understanding to do so.
- Author BiographyPhilip Dutre is a Professor in the Department of Computer Science at the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Belgium). His research areas of interest include photorealistic graphics, real-time global illumination, texture synthesis and perceptual-based rendering algorithms. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Leuven and spent several years at the Program of Computer Graphics at Cornell University. Philippe Bekaert is associate professor in computer graphics at the Expertise Center for Digital Media of Hasselt University, Belgium. He obtained a Masters degree in physics (1991) and computer science (1993), as well as a Ph.D. in computer science (1999) from the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven. Kavita Bala is an Assistant Professor in the Computer Science Department and Program of Computer Graphics at Cornell University. She specializes in scalable computer graphics leading research projects in interactive rendering, scalable illumination, perceptually-based rendering, feature-based graphics, perceptually-based rendering, and image-based texturing. Bala received her B. Tech. from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT, Bombay), and her S.M. and Ph.D. from MIT.
- Author(s)Kavita Bala,Philip Dutre,Philippe Bekaert
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication30/08/2006
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Place of PublicationNatick
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintA K Peters
- Content Noteillustrations (some colour)
- Weight635 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Foreword byPeter Shirley
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.