All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionElgar Advanced Introductions are stimulating and thoughtful introductions to major fields in the social sciences and law, expertly written by the world's leading scholars. Designed to be accessible yet rigorous, they offer concise and lucid surveys of the substantive and policy issues associated with discrete subject areas. (series description). Erudite, accessible and lucidly written, this book provides both a stimulating introduction and excellent summary of the core principles, ideas and diversity of modern Austrian ecomics. The Austrian school was well within the mainstream of ecomic thought by the 1930s, but fell from prominence by the middle of the twentieth century. There was a renewed interest in the Austrian school's ideas beginning in the 1970s which has accelerated recently, but many ecomists do t have a good understanding of the distinguishing values and characteristics that set it apart. This volume is aimed at readers who already have a familiarity with ecomic analysis, but would like to kw more about the distinct philosophies of the Austrian school. The book succinctly but thoroughly covers all the major issues including: * the market process * decentralized kwledge and the role of firms and markets * ecomic calculation * money, banking and business cycles * the resurgence of the Austrian school.
- Author BiographyRandall G. Holcombe, DeVoe Moore Professor of Economics, Florida State University, US
- Author(s)Randall G. Holcombe
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication30/04/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleElgar Advanced Introductions Series
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Width216 mm
- Height138 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.