All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.66
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
About this product
- DescriptionThe partial differential equations that govern scalar and vector fields are the very language used to model a variety of phemena in solid mechanics, fluid flow, acoustics, heat transfer, electromagnetism and many others. A kwledge of the main equations and of the methods for analyzing them is therefore essential to every working physical scientist and engineer. Andrea Prosperetti draws on many years' research experience to produce a guide to a wide variety of methods, ranging from classical Fourier-type series through to the theory of distributions and basic functional analysis. Theorems are stated precisely and their meaning explained, though proofs are mostly only sketched, with comments and examples being given more prominence. The book structure does t require sequential reading: each chapter is self-contained and users can fashion their own path through the material. Topics are first introduced in the context of applications, and later complemented by a more thorough presentation.
- Author BiographyAndrea Prosperetti is the Charles A. Miller, Jr Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at The Johns Hopkins University. He also holds the Berkhoff Chair in the Department of Applied Sciences at the University of Twente, Enschede, Netherlands.
- Author(s)Andrea Prosperetti
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication06/01/2011
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note80 b/w illus.
- Weight1370 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine40 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.