All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis systematic exploration of real-world stress analysis has been completely updated to reflect state-of-the-art methods and applications w used in aeronautical, civil, and mechanical engineering, and engineering mechanics. Distinguished by its exceptional visual interpretations of solutions, Advanced Mechanics of Materials and Applied Elasticity offers in-depth coverage for both students and engineers. The authors carefully balance comprehensive treatments of solid mechanics, elasticity, and computer-oriented numerical methods-preparing readers for both advanced study and professional practice in design and analysis. This major revision contains many new, fully reworked, illustrative examples and an updated problem set-including many problems taken directly from modern practice. It offers extensive content improvements throughout, beginning with an all-new introductory chapter on the fundamentals of materials mechanics and elasticity. Readers will find new and updated coverage of plastic behavior, three-dimensional Mohr's circles, energy and variational methods, materials, beams, failure criteria, fracture mechanics, compound cylinders, shrink fits, buckling of stepped columns, common shell types, and many other topics. The authors present significantly expanded and updated coverage of stress concentration factors and contact stress developments. Finally, they fully introduce computer-oriented approaches in a comprehensive new chapter on the finite element method.
- Author BiographyAnsel C. Ugural, Ph.D., is a visiting professor at the New Jersey Institute of Technology. He has held various faculty and administrative positions at Fairleigh Dickinson University, and previously taught at the University of Wisconsin. Ugural has extensive industrial experience, is a member of several professional societies, and is author of Mechanics of Materials (Wiley, 2007), Stresses in Beams, Plates and Shells (CRC Press, 2009), and Mechanical Design: An Integrated Approach (McGraw-Hill, 2004). Saul K. Fenster, Ph.D., was a professor at the New Jersey Institute of Technology, where he served as president for over twenty years. He is a fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers and the American Society for Engineering Education.
- Author(s)Ansel C. Ugural,S.K. Fenster
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication21/06/2011
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1238 g
- Width184 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.