Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThe book takes the reader through a fast but structured crash-course in quantitative finance, from theory to practice. If you are a quantitative analyst, risk manager, actuary, or a professional working in the field of quantitative finance and want a quick hands-on introduction to the pricing of financial derivatives, this book is ideal for you. You should be familiar with the basic programming concepts and C++ programming language. You should also be acquainted with calculus of undergraduate level.
- Author BiographyAlonso Pena, Ph.D. is an SDA Professor at the SDA Bocconi School of Management in Milan. He has worked as a quantitative analyst in the structured products group for Thomson Reuters Risk and for Unicredit Group in London and Milan. He holds a Ph.D. degree from the University of Cambridge on Finite Element Analysis and the Certificate in Quantitative Finance (CQF) from 7city Learning, the U.K. He has lectured and supervised graduate and post-graduate students from the universities of Oxford, Cambridge, Bocconi, Bergamo, Pavia, Castellanza, and the Politecnico di Milano. His area of expertise is the pricing of financial derivatives, in particular, structured products. He has publications in the fields of Quantitative Finance, applied mathematics, neuroscience, and the history of science. He has been awarded the Robert J. Melosh Medal-first prize for the best student paper on Finite Element Analysis, Duke University, USA; and the Rouse Ball Travelling Studentship in Mathematics, Trinity College, Cambridge. He has been to the Santa Fe Institute, USA, to study complex systems in social sciences. His publications include the following: The One Factor Libor Market Model Using Monte Carlo Simulation: An Empirical Investigation On the Role of Behavioral Finance in the Pricing of Financial Derivatives: The Case of the S&P 500 Option Pricing with Radial Basis Functions: A Tutorial Application of extrapolation processes to the finite element method On the Role of Mathematical Biology in Contemporary Historiography He is currently working as a tutor for CQF (Fitch Learning) and a visiting faculty for the Indian Institute for Quantitative Finance, Mumbai. He lives in Italy with his wife Marcella, his daughters Francesca and Isabel, and his son Marco.
- Author(s)Alonso Pena
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication25/06/2014
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.