All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionAdvanced Separations by Specialized Sorbents opens a new window into sorbent materials, presenting fundamental principles for their syntheses and adsorption properties. The book presents advanced techniques used to create specialized sorbents with a wide range of functions that can be used to enhance the separation and/or purification of useful bioactive compounds, heavy metals, dyes, and other substances. It discusses the most recent developments in the field of separation processes, covering specialized sorbents such as molith cryogels, composite hydrogels, metal-impregnated ion exchangers, and molecularly imprinted polymers. The book provides a comprehensive discussion of the selectivity in separation processes by composite materials based on synthetic polymers/biopolymers and irganic particles. It is a comprehensive resource for academic and research scientists as well as students interested in the preparation, characterization, and application of specialized sorbents.
- Author BiographyEcaterina Stela Dragan is the head of the Functional Polymers Department at the Petru Poni Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry in Iasi, Romania. Her research interests include the synthesis and characterization of ionic polymers, smart composite hydrogels, porous ionic nano- and micro-structured materials, surface modification by polyelectrolytes, and separation by ion exchangers and biosorbents. Dr. Dragan is author or coauthor of more than 140 publications in international journals, 12 book chapters, and 38 national patents. She has been involved in the publication of seven books, both as an author and editor. She is also a reviewer for numerous international journals.
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication30/09/2014
- Series TitleChromatographic Science Series
- Series Part/Volume Number108
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note240 black & white illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byEcaterina Stela Dragan
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.