All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis book sets out to answer a wide range of modelers' 'how-to' questions. It begins by showing all the things that need to be done to build a first model. Paints, glues, knives and other basic tools are introduced. Then it moves on to the use of accessories and the more specialised tools, such as those made for work with etched metal, are discussed. The book continues with demonstrations of how to build a complex conversion or a complete resin kit as well as more simple scratchbuilding. Everything is straightforwardly explained and clearly illustrated by numerous photographs of the steps in the various processes and of finished models.
- Author BiographyRichard Windrow, born in 1938, has pursued military hobbies, including modeling, since childhood. He served in the 1st Battalion Queen's Royal Regiment from 1957 to 1959, before becoming an amateur rally driver. He has restored and showed a number of wartime US military vehicles, but has now returned to his first love, 1/35th scale military vehicles and the building of dioramas in which to display them. The author lives in Kent, UK.
- Author(s)Richard Windrow
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/08/2007
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Out-of-print date05/03/2016
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight782 g
- Width206 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.