All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
About this product
- DescriptionC is the most widely used programming language of all time. It has been used to create almost every category of software imaginable and the list keeps growing every day. Cutting-edge applications, such as Ardui, embeddable and wearable computing are ready-made for C. Advanced Topics In C teaches concepts that any budding programmer should kw. You'll delve into topics such as sorting, searching, merging, recursion, random numbers and simulation, among others. You will increase the range of problems you can solve when you learn how to manipulate versatile and popular data structures such as binary trees and hash tables. This book assumes you have a working kwledge of basic programming concepts such as variables, constants, assignment, selection (if..else) and looping (while, for). It also assumes you are comfortable with writing functions and working with arrays. If you study this book carefully and do the exercises conscientiously, you would become a better and more agile programmer, more prepared to code today's applications (such as the Internet of Things) in C.
- Author BiographyDr. Noel Kalicharan is a Senior Lecturer in Computer Science at the University of the West Indies, St. Augustine, Trinidad. For more than 30 years, he has taught programming courses to people at all levels. He has been teaching programming, among other things, at the University since 1976. In 1988, he developed and hosted a 26-programme television series entitled Computers - Bit by Bit. Among other things, this series taught programming to the general public. He is always looking for innovative ways to teach logical thinking skills which go hand in hand with programming skills. His efforts resulted in two games - BrainStorm! and Not Just Luck - which won him the Prime Minister's Award for Invention and Innovation in 2000 and 2002. He is a Computer Science author for Cambridge University Press which published his international successes, Introduction to Computer Studies and C By Example. The C book is ranked among the best in the world for learning the C programming language. It has received glowing reviews from readers as far away as Australia, Canada, India and Scotland. This book is written in a more leisurely style. Born in Lengua Village, Princes Town, Trinidad, he received his primary education at the Lengua Presbyterian School and his secondary education at Naparima College. He is a graduate of The University of the West Indies, Jamaica, the University of British Columbia, Canada and The University of the West Indies, Trinidad.
- Author(s)Noel Kalicharan
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBerkley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note173 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight591 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.