All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAdvances in Battery Techlogies for Electric Vehicles provides an in-depth look into the research being conducted on the development of more efficient batteries capable of long distance travel. The text contains an introductory section on the market for battery and hybrid electric vehicles, then thoroughly presents the latest on lithium-ion battery techlogy. Readers will find sections on battery pack design and management, a discussion of the infrastructure required for the creation of a battery powered transport network, and coverage of the issues involved with end-of-life management for these types of batteries.
- Author BiographyBruno Scrosati is Senior Professor at the University of Rome La Sapienza. He received the title of Doctor in Science honoris causa ,from the University of St. Andrews in Scotland and from the Chalmers University in Sweden. He is European Editor of the Journal of Power Sources and author of more than 450 scientific publications. Prof. Dr. Jurgen Garche has more than 40 years of experience in battery and fuel cell research & development. In his academic career the focus was on material research. Thereafter, he worked on and directed cell and system development of conventional (LAB, NiCd, NiMH) and advanced (Li-Ion, NaNiCl2, Redox-Flow) batteries. His experience includes also fuel cells (mainly low temperature FCs) and supercaps. He established the battery & FC division of the ZSW in Ulm (Germany), an industry related R&D institute with about 100 scientists and technicians. His interest in battery safety goes back to the work with the very large battery safety testing center of the ZSW. In 2004 he founded the FC&Battery consulting office FCBAT; furthermore he is a senior professor at Ulm University.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication21/05/2015
- SubjectTransport Technology
- Series TitleWoodhead Publishing Series in Energy
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight930 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byBruno Scrosati,J. Rgen Garche,Werner Tillmetz
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.