All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.34Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume provides researchers with recent information on bioactivation reactions of drugs and toxicants. It also provides examples of how molecular and gemic biology, proteomics, mass spectrometry, and computational modeling are used in bioactivation research. In other sections, focus is on recent applications of bioactivation research in pharmacology, toxicology, and environmental health sciences, where contributors demonstrate the integration of bioactivation research.
- Author BiographyDr. Elfarra received his B.S. degree in Pharmacy at Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt, in 1975 and his Ph.D. degree in Medicinal Chemistry at the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, in 1983. In 1985, Dr. Elfarra joined Shell Development Company in Houston, Texas as an associate research toxicologist after he completed his postdoctoral training in Pharmacology at the University of Rochester in Rochester, NY. Dr. Elfarra joined the University of Wisconsin-Madison as assistant professor in 1986. He was promoted to associate and full professor in 1992 and 1996, respectively. He served as the chair of the campus Biosafety Committee and has trained a large number of undergraduate students, graduate students, and postdoctoral students in his laboratory. He is the current director of the institutional training grant from NIEHS. Dr. Elfarra has served on the executive committee for the Division of Toxicology of the American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, and has organized and participated in many national and international symposia focused on topics related to his research. He has served as consultant for many organizations, such as NIH, the National Research Council Board on Environmental Studies and Toxicology, the Health Effects Institute, Health Canada, and the International Agency for Research on Cancer.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication19/09/2008
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleBiotechnology: Pharmaceutical Aspects
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 9
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1146 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byAdnan Elfarra
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2008
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.