All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCeramic matrix composites (CMCs) have proven to be useful for a wide range of applications because of properties such as their light weight, toughness and temperature resistance. Advances in ceramic matrix composites summarises key advances and types of processing of CMCs.After an introductory chapter, the first part of the book reviews types and processing of CMCs, covering processing, properties and applications. Chapters discuss naceramic matric composites, silicon carbide-containing alumina nacomposites and advances in manufacture by various infiltration techniques including heat treatments and spark plasma sintering. The second part of the book is dedicated to understanding the properties of CMCs with chapters on Finite Element Analysis, tribology and wear and self-healing CMCs. The final part of the book examines the applications of CMCs, including those in the structural engineering, nuclear and fusion energy, turbine, metal cutting and microelectronics industries.Advances in ceramic matrix composites is an essential text for researchers and engineers in the field of CMCs and industries such as aerospace and automotive engineering.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication13/11/2013
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleWoodhead Publishing Series in Composites Science and Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Weight1200 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byI M Low
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.46
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.