All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionDetailed reviews of new and emerging topics in chemical physics presented by leading experts The Advances in Chemical Physics series is dedicated to reviewing new and emerging topics as well as the latest developments in traditional areas of study in the field of chemical physics. Each volume features detailed comprehensive analyses coupled with individual points of view that integrate the many disciplines of science that are needed for a full understanding of chemical physics. Volume 153 of Advances in Chemical Physics features six expertly written contributions: * Recent advances of ultrafast X-ray absorption spectroscopy for molecules in solution * Scaling perspective on intramolecular vibrational energy flow: analogies, insights, and challenges * Longest relaxation time of relaxation processes for classical and quantum Brownian motion in a potential escape rate theory approach * Local fluctuations in solution: theory and applications * Macroscopic effects of microscopic heterogeneity *Ab initio methodology for pseudospin Hamiltonians of anisotropic magnetic centers Reviews published in Advances in Chemical Physics are typically longer than those published in journals, providing the space needed for readers to fully grasp the topic: the fundamentals as well as the latest discoveries, applications, and emerging avenues of research. Extensive cross-referencing enables readers to explore the primary research studies underlying each topic. Advances in Chemical Physics is ideal for introducing vices to topics in chemical physics. Moreover, the series provides the foundation needed for more experienced researchers to advance their own research studies and continue to expand the boundaries of our kwledge in chemical physics.
- Author BiographyStuart A. Rice received his master's and doctorate from Harvard University and was a Junior Fellow at Harvard for two years before joining the faculty of The University of Chicago in 1957, where he is currently the Frank P. Hixon Distinguished Service Professor Emeritus. Aaron R. Dinner received his bachelor's degree and doctorate from Harvard University, after which he conducted postdoctoral research at the University of Oxford and the University of California, Berkeley. He joined the faculty at the University of Chicago in 2003.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication07/05/2012
- Series TitleAdvances in Chemical Physics
- Series Part/Volume Number153
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations, figures
- Weight944 g
- Width163 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byAaron R. Dinner,Stuart A. Rice
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.