All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionComputational methodologies of signal processing and imaging analysis, namely considering 2D and 3D images, are commonly used in different applications of the human society. For example, Computational Vision systems are progressively used for surveillance tasks, traf?c analysis, recognition process, inspection p- poses, human-machine interfaces, 3D vision and deformation analysis. One of the main characteristics of the Computational Vision domain is its int- multidisciplinary. In fact, in this domain, methodologies of several more fundam- tal sciences, such as Informatics, Mathematics, Statistics, Psychology, Mechanics and Physics are usually used. Besides this inter-multidisciplinary characteristic, one of the main reasons that contributes for the continually effort done in this domain of the human kwledge is the number of applications in the medical area. For instance, it is possible to consider the use of statistical or physical procedures on medical images in order to model the represented structures. This modeling can have different goals, for example: shape reconstruction, segmentation, registration, behavior interpretation and simulation, motion and deformation analysis, virtual reality, computer-assisted therapy or tissue characterization. The main objective of the ECCOMAS Thematic Conferences on Computational Vision and Medical Image Processing (VIPimage) is to promote a comprehensive forum for discussion on the recent advances in the related ?elds trying to id- tify widespread areas of potential collaboration between researchers of different sciences.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleComputational Methods in Applied Sciences
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 13
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byJoao Tavares,Renato M. Natal Jorge
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.