Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionDrying of solids is one of the most common, complex, and energy-intensive industrial processes. Conventional dryers offer limited opportunities to increase energy efficiency. Heat pump dryers are more energy and cost effective, as they can recycle drying thermal energy and reduce CO2, particulate, and VOC emissions due to drying. This book provides an introduction to the techlogy and current best practices and aims to increase the successful industrial implementation of heat pump- assisted dryers. It enables the reader to engage confidently with the techlogy and provides a wealth of information on theories, current practices, and future directions of the techlogy. It emphasizes several new design concepts and operating and control strategies, which can be applied to improve the ecomic and environmental efficiency of the drying process. It answers questions about risks, advantages vs. disadvantages, and impediments and offers solutions to current problems. Discusses heat pump techlogy in general and its present and future challenges. Describes interesting and promising invations in drying food, agricultural, and wood products with various heat pump techlogies. Treats several technical aspects, from modeling and simulation of drying processes to industrial applications. Emphasizes new design concepts and operating and control strategies to improve the efficiency of the drying process.
- Author BiographyVasile Minea received his PhD from Bucharest University, Romania, where he was professor for over 15 years. During this period, his R&D work focused on heat exchangers, heat pump and recovery systems, advanced compression-absorption/resorption heat pump concepts, and solar energy for comfort and industrial cooling processes. Since 1987, Dr. Minea has been research scientist at Hydro-Quebec Research Institute, Canada. His research focuses on commercial and industrial refrigeration, heat recovery and geothermal heat pump systems, low-enthalpy power generation cycles, and heat pump drying. During the past 15 years, he collaborated with the Canadian and American heat pump drying industry and R&D drying community in developing laboratory- and industrial-scale experimental prototypes. Results have been published in drying conference proceedings and prestigious journals such as Drying Technology and International Journal of Refrigeration.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication16/06/2016
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleAdvances in Drying Science & Technology
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note143 black & white illustrations, 12 colour illustrations, 20 black & white tables
- Weight952 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edited byVasile Minea
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.