CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionThere have been significant developments in the design and application of algorithms for both one-dimensional signal processing and multidimensional signal processing, namely image and video processing, with the recent focus changing from a step-by-step procedure of designing the algorithm first and following up with in-depth analysis and performance improvement to instead applying heuristic-based methods to solve signal-processing problems. In this book the contributing authors demonstrate both general-purpose algorithms and those aimed at solving specialized application problems, with a special emphasis on heuristic iterative optimization methods employing modern evolutionary and swarm intelligence based techniques. The applications considered are in domains such as communications engineering, estimation and tracking, digital filter design, wireless sensor networks, bioelectric signal classification, image deising, and image feature tracking. The book presents interesting, state-of-the-art methodologies for solving real-world problems and it is a suitable reference for researchers and engineers in the areas of heuristics and signal processing.
- Author BiographyAmitava Chatterjee is an Associate Professor in the Dept. of Electrical Engineering of Jadavpur University in Kolkata, India. He teaches electrical engineering and his research interests include fuzzy control, smart instrumentation, image processing, robotics, signal processing and evolutionary optimization. He has visited overseas on prestigious scholarships and fellowships and has given invited lectures in India, Japan and France. He presently serves as an Associate Editor for several journals, including the IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology and the IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement. Hadi Nobahari is an Assistant Professor in the Dept. of Aerospace Engineering of Sharif University of Technology in Tehran, Iran. His research interests include heuristic algorithms in aerospace, intelligent guidance and control systems, cooperative guidance and navigation of swarms, trajectory optimization of flight vehicles, and multidisciplinary design optimization. Patrick Siarry is a Professor of Automatics and Informatics at the University of Paris-Est Creteil, where he leads the Image and Signal Processing team in the Laboratoire Images, Signaux et Systemes Intelligents (LiSSi). He has considerable teaching and research experience in the areas of signal processing, control, artificial intelligence, operations research, and optimization. He presently serves as an Associate Editor of the journal Information Sciences and the journal Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication06/06/2013
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note81 black & white illustrations, 70 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight765 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byAmitava Chatterjee,Hadi Nobahari,Patrick Siarry
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.