All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $18.25Trending at AU $21.79
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.13
- AU $43.40Trending at AU $47.84
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $36.64
- AU $43.28Trending at AU $48.72
About this product
- DescriptionIt has been both a pleasure and an hor to edit this book. The pleasure has been in interacting with the gifted authors who wrote the chapters for this volume and the hor has been in kwing that the book is dedicated to a great man and a brilliant psychologist-Daniel E. Berlyne. All the contributors to this book have been touched, at some time, by Dan Berlyne and his ideas. Whether as his teachers, his colleages, his peers, his students, or his friends and arguing partners, we have all felt his presence and been improved by it. The list of contributors to this volume is large and could have been much larger, for a number of people, in fact, contacted me for the oppor- tunity to contribute when they heard about the purpose of this book. It is also an international list, for Dan Berlyne's contacts were international. The diversity in content and style is also intentional. The authors were invited to contribute an original paper in the field in which they are presently engaged, whether theoretical or a report of empirical work, and to indicate the contribution that Dan Berlyne had made to their work. As the reader will te, contributions range from personal and contact in a laboratory to ideas that elicit controversy, argument, and intensive re- search. Daniel Ellis Berlyne was born in Selford, England, a suburb of Man- chester,in 1924, and died in Toronto, Canada, on November 2, 1976.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication09/01/2012
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight748 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byHy I. Day
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1981
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.