All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides the most recent findings and kwledge in advanced diagstics techlogy, covering a wide spectrum including brain activity analysis, breast and lung cancer detection, echocardiography, computer aided skeletal assessment to mitochondrial biology imaging at the cellular level. The authors explored magneto acoustic approaches and tissue elasticity imaging for the purpose of breast cancer detection. Perspectives in fetal echocardiography from an image processing angle are included. Diagstic imaging in the field of mitochondrial diseases as well as the use of Computer-Aided System (CAD) are also discussed in the book. This book will be useful for students, lecturers or professional researchers in the field of biomedical sciences and image processing.
- Author BiographyDr. Lai Khin Wee, MIET, received his PhD in Biomedical Engineering under DAAD PhD sandwich program between Technische Universitat Ilmenau, Germany and Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Johor Bahru. He is currently working as senior lecturer at University Malaya. His research interests include medical imaging and medical computing. Dr. Hum Yan Chai received his PhD in the field of biomedical imaging from the Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM). He is currently working as senior researcher MIMOS Berhad. His research interests include medical image processing, fuzzy logic, and medical computing. Dr. Salim Maheza Irna Mohamad received her Doctoral degree in Medical Imaging from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia in 2012. She is currently a Senior Lecturer at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia. Her research interest includes Medical Imaging and instrumentation, especially ultrasound and hybrid imaging for cancer research application. Dr. Sang-Bing Ong, PhD CBiol EurProBiol, first demonstrated the relevance of mitochondrial morphology in the heart and it's relation to cardioprotection during his doctoral studies at the Hatter Cardiovascular Institute at University College London (UCL). He then moved to the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) for further research in mitochondrial biology. He is currently a Senior Lecturer at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia. Dr. Nugraha P. Utama received his PhD from the Tokyo Institute of Technology specializing in Human Machine Interface and Neuroscience. After receiving his PhD, he became a post-doctoral fellow in the precision and intelligent systems laboratory, Tokyo Institute of Technology. He is currently served as senior lecturer at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia. His research interests are in neuroscience and assistive technology. Dr. Myint Yin Mon received her Ph.D from Yangon Technological University, Myanmar. Since 2011, she is working as a senior lecturer in the Department of Bioscience and Medical Engineering at UTM. Her current research interests are image guided autonomous robot systems and medical imaging systems. Dr. Norliza Mohd Noor received her PhD in Elect. Eng. from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia. She is currently an Associate Professor at UTM Razak School of Engineering and Advanced Technology, UTM International Campus, Kuala Lumpur. Her research interest is in image processing and analysis for medical and industrial application. Dr. Eko Supriyanto is the Director of IJN-UTM Cardiovascular Engineering Centre as well as Head of Advanced Diagnostics Research Group, University Technology Malaysia. He obtained Doctor of Engineering from University of Federal Armed Forces Hamburg Germany. His interest research areas are ultrasound, electronics and computer application in medicine and industry.
- Author(s)Eko Supriyanto,Khin Wee Lai,Maheza Irna Mohd. Salim,Norliza Mohd Noor,Nugraha P Utama,Sang-Bing Ong,Utama Nugraha Priya,Yan Chai Hum,Yin Mon Myint
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Date of Publication11/03/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleLecture Notes in Bioengineering
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Content Note17 black & white illustrations, 20 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight461 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.