All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.50Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is part of a series which provides accounts of progress in microbial biology.
- Author BiographyProfessor Robert Poole is West Riding Professor of Microbiology at the University of Sheffield. He has >35 years' experience of bacterial physiology and bioenergetics, in particular O2-, CO- and NO-reactive proteins, and has published >300 papers (h=48, 2013). He was Chairman of the Plant and Microbial Sciences Committee of the UK Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council and has held numerous grants from BBSRC, the Wellcome and Leverhulme Trusts and the EC. He coordinates an international SysMO systems biology consortium. He published pioneering studies of bacterial oxidases and globins and discovered the bacterial flavohaemoglobin gene (hmp) and its function in NO detoxification He recently published the first systems analyses of responses of bacteria to novel carbon monoxide-releasing molecules (CORMs) and is a world leader in NO, CO and CORM research.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication06/10/1998
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleAdvances in Microbial Physiology
- Series Part/Volume Number40
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteb&w illustrations
- Weight830 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Volume editorRobert K. Poole
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.