All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.19
About this product
- DescriptionThe right clothing and equipment is of vital importance to the survival and effectiveness of military personnel. Advances in military textiles and personal equipment summarises key research on the design, manufacture and applications of military textiles. Beginning with an overview of design issues, part one explores anthropometric methods, psychological, colour and camouflage issues related to the successful design of military textiles. Materials and design issues in military helmets, footwear and hand wear are also reviewed. Part two goes on to consider applications of particular types of military clothing and equipment, including optimisation of body armour design, high performance ballistic protection using polymer nacomposite techlogy as well as advances in materials and modelling of chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear protective clothing. Finally, Advances in military textiles and personal equipment looks specifically at designing load carriage and advanced hydration systems for military personnel. With its distinguished editor and international team of expert contributors, Advances in military textiles and personal equipment is an invaluable resource for all those working in the design, manufacture and production of military clothing and equipment, as well as for the defence industry itself.
- Author BiographyDr Emma Sparks is a Course Director in the School of Defence and Security, Cranfield University, an academic provider to the Defence Academy, UK.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication30/06/2012
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleWoodhead Publishing Series in Textiles
- Series Part/Volume Number122
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white halftones, black & white tables, figures
- Weight690 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byEmma Sparks
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.