All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
About this product
- DescriptionPolymers and polymer composites have been increasinqly used in place of metals for various industries; namely, aerospace, automotive, bio-medical, computer, electrophotography, fiber, and rubber tire. Thus, an understanding of the interactions between polymers and between a polymer and a rigid counterface can enhance the applications of polymers under various environments. In meet- ing this need, polymer tribology has evolved to deal with friction, lubrication and wear of polymeric materials and to answer some of the problems related to polymer-polymer interactions or oolymer- rigid body interactions. The purpose of this first International Symposium was to introduce advances in studies of polymer friction and wear, especially in Britain and the U.S.S.R. Most earlier studies of the Fifties were stimulated by the growth of rubber tire industries. Continuous research through the Sixties has broadened the base to include other polymers such as nylon, polyolefins, and poly tetra- fluoroethylene, or PTFE. However, much of this work was published in engineering or physics journals and rarely in chemistry journals; presumably, the latter have always considered the work to be too applied or too irrelevant. Not until recent years have chemists started to discover words such as tribo-chemistry or mecha- chemistry and gradually become aware of an indispensable role in this field of polymer tribology. Thus, we were hoping to bring the techlogy up to date during this SympOSium, especially to the majority of participants, polymer chemists by training.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication22/12/2013
- Series TitlePolymer Science and Technology Series
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight839 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byLieng-Huang Lee
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1974
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.