Advances in Salivary Diagnostics by Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $153.00+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $120.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis book reviews the progress made in salivary diagstics during the past two decades and identifies the likely direction of future endeavors. After an introductory section describing the histological and anatomical features of the salivary glands and salivary function, salivary collection devices and diagstic platforms are reviewed. The field of salivaomics is then considered in detail, covering, for example, proteomics, the peptidome, DNA and RNA analysis, biomarkers, and methods for biomarker discovery. Salivary diagstics for oral and systemic diseases are thoroughly discussed, and the role of salivary gland tissue engineering for future diagstics is explored. The book closes by considering legal issues and barriers to salivary diagstic development. Advances in Salivary Diagstics will be an informative and stimulating reference for both practitioners and students.
- Author BiographyCharles F. Streckfus received a BS in Biology from Johns Hopkins University in 1969 and an MA in Psychology from Towson State University in 1973. In 1978 he graduated with a DDS degree from the University of Maryland School of Dentistry. Dr. Streckfus has held a number of academic and research positions. From 1998 until 2005 he was Assistant Dean of Research and Graduate Programs at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, School of Dentistry, where he was also Professor in the Department of Periodontics and Oral Biology and the Department of Anatomy, as well as Director of Clinical Research. Since 2005 Dr. Streckfus has been Professor (Tenured) in the Department of Diagnostic Sciences and Co-Director of CCTS - Salivary Proteomics Core at the University of Texas Dental Branch at Houston. Dr. Streckfus is a long-standing Fellow of the Academy of Oral Medicine and of the American Academy of Dentistry. He has published more than 90 peer-reviewed journal articles and is a reviewer for a number of leading journals. Dr. Streckfus has received several honors and awards, including the President's Award for Scientific Excellence, presented by the International Society for Preventive Oncology; he was also nominated in 2008 for the Komen Brinker Award.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication04/02/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 38 colour illustrations, 17 colour tables, biography
- Weight658 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byCharles F. Streckfus
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.