All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionQuantitative social science research has been expanding due to the ava- ability of computers and data over the past few decades. Yet the textbooks and supplements for researchers do t adequately highlight the revolution created by the R software  and graphics system. R is fast becoming the l- gua franca of quantitative research with some 2000 free specialized packages, where the latest versions can be downloaded in seconds. Many packages such as car  developed by social scientists are popular among all scientists. An early 2009 article  in the New York Times tes that statisticians, engineers and scientists without computer programming skills ?nd R easy to use. A common language R can readily promote deeper mutual respect and understanding of unique problems facing quantitative work in various social sciences. Often the solutions developed in one ?eld can be extended and used in many ?elds. This book promotes just such exchange of ideas across many social sciences. Since Springer has played a leadership role in promoting R, we are fortunate to have Springer publish this book. A Conference on Quantitative Social Science Research Using R was held in New York City at the Lincoln Center campus of Fordham University, June 18-19, 2009. This book contains selected papers presented at the conference, representing the Proceedings of the conference.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/01/2010
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleLecture Notes in Statistics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 196
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight730 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byHrishikesh D. Vinod
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.