All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume provides original insight into the operational opportunities, challenges and constraints in managing Tourism Destination Marketing. It explores how the various tourist destination systems including tourist, places (as seen by the tourist), public and private tourism organisations and the social and physical environment can effectively communicate and co operate together at a profit for each. Advances in Destination Marketing offers a comprehensive review of a wide range of aspects related to marketing tourism products including networks in destinations, consumer experiences in destinations, destination branding, destination image, events in destinations and destination tourism products. Throughout the book a network analysis perspective is applied to offer alternative solutions of how each system can share network kwledge and system kwledge so profits can be created effectively and maximised. The exploration of new topics such as Destination Networks and Destination Branding as well as original international empirical research and case studies from well kwn researchers in the area, provides new thinking on Marketing Tourism Destinations. The relevance of the arguments and the salient conclusions are valuable in the study of an ever dynamic and burgeoning industry. This stimulating volume will be of interest to higher level students, academics, researchers within Tourism and practitioners in the industry.
- Author BiographyMetin Kozak is Professor of Marketing in the School of Tourism and Hospitality Management, Mugla University, Turkey. He obtained his PhD degree in Tourism from Sheffield Hallam University, UK (2000). He has widely published in the field of tourism and hospitality marketing. His main research interests focus on consumer behavior, benchmarking, destination management and marketing, Mediterranean tourism and research methods. Juergen Gnoth is an Associate Professor in the Department of Marketing at the University of Otago, New Zealand. He has published in many leading journals in tourism such as Annals of Tourism Research, Tourism Management and Journal of Tourism Research, but also in general marketing outlets such as the Journal of Advertising. He is also co-editor of a number of special issues in tourism and academic books including Progress in Tourism Marketing (Elsevier, 2006). Luisa Andreu is Associate Professor of Marketing at the University of Valencia. Her research interests include consumer behaviour, tourism marketing, service marketing and e-marketing. She has published articles in Annals of Tourism Research, Tourism Management, European Journal of Marketing, Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, among others.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/08/2015
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note14 black & white illustrations, 33 black & white tables, 14 black & white line drawings
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJuergen Gnoth,Metin Kozak
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.15Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.