All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.08
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionClinicians searching for evidence-based quantitative assessments on which to base diagsis and treatment of patients with bipolar disorder need look further. Advances in Treatment of Bipolar Disorders analyzes the benefits and harms for both older and more recently developed treatments, and places these analyses in the context of the authors' many years of clinical experience. The result is a book that is both quantitatively sound and qualitatively rich, and one that will help clinicians understand the latest research and integrate it into their practices with confidence. In addition to comprehensive coverage of the most important recent advances, the book addresses advances in more specific areas, including the treatment of particular populations such as women, children, and older adults. In addition, the book covers many critically important topics and boasts an abundance of helpful features: Evidence-based quantitative assessments of benefits use numbers needed to treat for therapeutic effects and numbers needed to harm for side effects, ensuring that the quality of data supporting interventions meets a rigorous standard. The book's information is based t only on controlled trials and FDA approvals but also on almost two decades of clinical research and clinical treatment experience by clinicians at Stanford University. Plentiful figures and summary tables are provided to summarize the content and make it easy-to-grasp and clinician-friendly. In addition to coverage of acute bipolar depression and acute manic and mixed episodes, the book provides chapters on the preventive treatment of bipolar disorder and the pharmacology of mood-stabilizing and second-generation antipsychotic medications. Bipolar disorders are challenging and complex mental illnesses, and clinicians need all the help they can get in managing the effects of these illness on their patients' lives. Advances in Treatment of Bipolar Disorders aims to provide everything clinicians need to kw to update their kwledge of this rapidly evolving field and ensure an evidence-based standard of care for this patient population.
- Author BiographyTerence A. Ketter, M.D., is Professor and Chief of the Bipolar Disorders Clinic in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Stanford University School of Medicine in Stanford, California.
- PublisherAmerican Psychiatric Association Publishing
- Date of Publication09/04/2015
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationVA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychiatric Publishing
- Content Note22 line drawings, 28 tables
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byTerence A. Ketter
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.