Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.48
About this product
- DescriptionAdvanced research into wool science and techlogy is leading to a better understanding of the properties of wool. Wool is increasingly being seen as a high performance fibre, with new modifications and applications. Advances in wool techlogy presents a comprehensive account of these developments and invations.Part one includes advances that have occurred in the production and processing of wool. Topics range from the progress in wool spinning, weaving and colouration, to environmental supply chain management and to the role of genetic engineering in improved wool production. Part two reviews new wool products and applications. Chapters include the production of brighter and whiter wool, high performance wool blends and wool for apparel.With its two distinguished editors and array of international contributors, this book is a valuable reference for producers, manufacturers, retailers and all those wishing to improve and understand developments in wool techlogy. It will also be suitable for researchers in industry or academia.
- Author BiographyDr Nigel Johnson is Chief of the Division of Textile and Fibre Technology, at CSIRO, Australia. CSIRO is one of the world's leading research centres in fibre structure. Dr Johnson joined CSIRO in 2005 after a distinguished career with Canesis Network in New Zealand as Deputy CEO and General Manager of the Textiles Division. Dr Ian Russell is Manager of the Environmental Analysis Group at CSIRO. As an organic chemist, Dr Russell has led numerous projects on wool technology, ranging from wrinkle prevention to sustainability.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication22/12/2008
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleWoodhead Publishing Series in Textiles
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Weight690 g
- Edited byI. Russell,N. A. G. Johnson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.