All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.84
About this product
- DescriptionAt the Denver X-Ray Conference, the topic for the plenary lectures alternates annually between x-ray diffraction and x-ray fluorescence. This year is a diffraction year, and the theme is accuracy in powder diffraction. Instead of comprehensive cover- age, such as was attempted at the Accuracy in Powder Diffraction Meeting held at the National Bureau of Standards in 1978, this meeting focuses on recent developments in measurement accuracy of two-theta and intensity. The focus on accuracy, from the practical point of view, is important in a wide range of x-ray diffraction measurements. Accu- rate data improve our ability to identify phases in a mixture using the Powder Diffraction File. Improved accuracy is essential for better characterization of the lattice, crystallite size, strain and structure. Finally, the accuracy of quantitative analysis is of great concern in many laboratories. The five invited papers of the plenary session give a broad perspective of recent activity throughout the world on uses of more accurate data, on methods to achieve greater accuracy, and on fundamental factors affecting the accuracy. The scope of the conference, however, is much broader than that of the plenary session. The workshops lead off with many practical aspects of x-ray analysis. Many of the contributed papers expand on the theme of accuracy in x-ray powder diffraction. In particular, the s.ession on XRD quantitative phase analysis provides an exception- al coverage of the limitations in quantitative analysis and of the techniques being employed to improve the results.
- Author(s)Camden R. Hubbard
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/10/2011
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight846 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.