All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAdvancing Conversations is a line of interview books documenting conversations with artists, authors, philosophers, ecomists, scientists, and activists whose works are aimed at the future and at progress. The biogerontologist Aubrey de Grey, as the world's pre-eminent longevity advocate, is thing if t future oriented. De Grey is the founder of the SENS Research Foundation, an organization developing medical interventions to repair the damage the body does to itself over time. Stated more directly, Aubrey de Grey and his organization aim to defeat aging. In 2005 a panel of scientists and doctors from MIT, Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, Microsoft, and the Venter Institute participated in a contest to judge whether de Grey's Strategies for Engineered Negligible Senescence were worthy of debate and verification or whether these ideas were wrong on their face. The panel found that de Grey's proposals for intervening in the aging process, while speculative, often ran parallel to existing research and were t demonstrably wrong.
- Author BiographyDouglas Lain is the publisher of Zero Books. He is also a writer, blogger, and the podcaster behind Zero Squared.
- Author(s)Aubrey de Grey,Douglas Lain
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication24/06/2016
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationRopley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintZero Books
- Weight99 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.