All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of essays hors the life and work of one of the most prominent and fervent heterodox ecomists, Frederic S. Lee, who has been at the heart of the heterodox ecomics movements for the past three decades. Authors in this book demonstrate that heterodox ecomic has transcended the criticism of mainstream ecomics and, more importantly, that constructive developments are in the making by way of cross-communications among various heterodox ecomics traditions. Frederic S. Lee's contributions to heterodox ecomics are centered on three themes: the making of a history and identity of heterodox ecomics, heterodox microecomics, and the heterodox analysis of social provisioning. Part I addresses the importance of history, theory, research methods, and institutions in the making of the identity of heterodox ecomics as an alternative to mainstream ecomics. Part II delves into heterodox microecomic theories-in particular, investment, pricing, competition, markets, and market governance-as foundations of heterodox macroecomic analyses. Part III expands the analysis of the capitalist social provisioning process with an emphasis on its subsystems and their relationships over historical time. Part IV encapsulates the life and work of Frederic S. Lee. Throughout his intellectual life Frederic S. Lee has shown to many that the development of heterodox ecomics is rendered possible by unselfish and ceaseless efforts to build both theory and institutions. Essays in this book attest that establishing an alternative critical theory to the status quo is t only possible but also serviceable to the majority of the population.
- Author BiographyTae-Hee Jo is Associate Professor of Economics at the State University of New York, Buffalo State, USA. Zdravka Todorova is an Associate Professor of Economics at Wright State University, USA.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/08/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in Heterodox Economics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations, 10 black & white tables, 2 black & white halftones, 18 black & white line drawings
- Weight680 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byTae-Hee Jo,Zdravka Todorova
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.