All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $41.94Trending at AU $81.96
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.30
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.11
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.15
- AU $56.16Trending at AU $56.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.32
About this product
- DescriptionAdventures of 2 Girls traces the journey of two best friends who take a 9-month break from their successful careers to tick a big, fat item off their Bucket Lists: To travel the world and write a book. Ning is an award-winning professional female magician, and Pam an award-winning journalist and radio DJ. At the peak of their careers, they break loose from the safe and familiar, stuff their backpacks with bare essentials, and buy two one-way tickets to Holulu. From a road trip across the United States, to spending a summer in Paris, studying French and being certified in the art of patisserie at the prestigious Le Cordon Bleu, from roughing it out in wild Madagascar (with electricity, running water or toilets!), to trekking in the Himalayas, Pam and Ning go in search of new experiences and ultimate adventures off the beaten track. If you think this is a guidebook for girls, or an offshoot of Eat, Pray, Love - think again! Adventures of 2 Girls boasts action-packed accounts of sticky situations faced by two city girls in foreign lands, travel tips about budgeting, finances, insurance, PMS survival etc., plus quirky observations, and quiet ruminations on lazy afterons - complete with private photos from their compact cameras and iPhones, and sketches from their travel journals. It's a heart-warming, humorous and inspiring story about friendship, chasing dreams, taking risks, and letting go.
- Author BiographyNing Cai is Singapore's first professional female magician and escape artist, a recipient of the prestigious Merlin Award (International Magicians Society), and world record holder. Apart from magic and movies, Ning is a closet domestic goddess who bakes the meanest double chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies, with ambitions of being a social entrepreneur and certified patissier. Ning is also an unapologetic tech geek, so you'd often catch her fawning over the latest gadgets and toys. A very odd combination for a FHM cover girl! Pam is a radio DJ cum talk show host, published writer, and former deputy editor of a magazine. A recipient of four journalism awards, her passion lies in giving voice to issues and people's stories. An English graduate, she also holds a Masters degree in Psychology. Work aside, Pam is a self-confessed, die-hard foodie who gleefully documents her food trails online. At age 8, she was bitten by her daddy's travel bug, and has since been in a trance to see the world. Pam is also a clueless, often bemused mum of energetic twin boys, a learner of the deep-end kind, and a lover of unexpected madness!
- Author(s)Ning Cai,Pamela Ho
- PublisherMarshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication15/12/2012
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintMarshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width198 mm
- Height130 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.