Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $12.29Trending at AU $17.31
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
About this product
- DescriptionIn addition to the entire text of what some consider the quintessential American vel, this comprehensive volume features materials that help place the vel in perspective with its time and place. Contexts includes essays on the composition of the vel, the people and history of the Upper Mississippi Valley, slavery, and the critical reception of the vel upon its publication. Readings includes Henry Nash Smith's introduction to the 1958 Riverside Edition of the vel, as well as critical essays.
- Author BiographyPaul Lauter is the Smith Professor of Literature at Trinity College. He has served as president of the American Studies Association and is a major figure in the revision of the American literary canon.
- Author(s)Mark Twain,Paul Lauter,Susan Harris
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication23/02/2000
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHoughton Mifflin
- Out-of-print date06/03/2017
- Weight436 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementInternational edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.