All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionIn today's political and global world, it's t eugh to remain a solid educational leader. Leaders must become advocates for education-on Capitol Hill, in state legislatures, and within communities. Advocacy for School Leaders: Becoming a Strong Voice for Education, written by an educator for educators, examines key issues facing education, demonstrates methods for addressing the issues, and discusses strategies to advocate for an education agenda at local and federal levels. Starting with local impact and moving to federal initiatives, Sandra Whitaker provides significant insights into school-business partnerships and the legislative process, allowing educators to approach advocacy efforts with greater understanding of the institutions with which they must work. The advocacy action points and questions for reflection included in each chapter allow readers to adapt the information and strategies to their local contexts. Based on her experiences working with the media, business leaders, and elected officials, this book presents practical approaches for working with educators and those outside the field to understand issues facing today's schools and for identifying and promoting sensible solutions that elevate teaching and learning.
- Author BiographySandra Whitaker is a National Board certified teacher in English-language arts, has spent much of her career working with struggling readers and writers, and is deeply concerned with issues of literacy, access, and differentiation. Throughout her career, she has served the educational community as a teacher, building-level administrator, curriculum developer, and curriculum coordinator.
- Author(s)Sandra Whitaker
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication15/09/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.