All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a groundbreaking, technical analysis of yacht design, linked to the theory and testing of how a sailing yacht behaves underway. It is cutting edge - the author (a world expert in the field) has drawn his conclusions from years of research, analytical testing in wind tunnels and tanks, and his results represent the state of the art in performance prediction which underlies all modern yacht design. State of the art and with a revolutionary modern approach, Aero-hydrodynamics and the Performance of Sailing Yachts provides a systematic and completely up to date analysis, complete with colour photographs and diagrams throughout. An essential, and long awaited, work for all professional yacht designers, racing sailors and students of yacht design.
- Author BiographyFabio Fossati has been scientific co-ordinator for the wind tunnel testing of sailing yachts at Milan Polytechnic since 2004, and was in charge of wind tunnel testing for the Prada Challenge and Luna Rossa America's Cup teams. He is currently Research Associate of the International Technical Committee of the Offshore Racing Congress, and is also a keen sailor.
- Author(s)Fabio Fossati
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/11/2009
- SubjectTransport Technology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAdlard Coles Nautical
- Content NoteColour diagrams, graphs and photos throughout
- Weight1200 g
- Width191 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.