Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.24Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $8.02+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<i>Aesop's Fables</i>, by <b>Aesop</b>, is part of the <i><i>Barnes & Noble Classics</i></i>series, which offers quality editions at affordable prices to the student and the general reader, including new scholarship, thoughtful design, and pages of carefully crafted extras. Here are some of the remarkable features of <i>Barnes & Noble Classics</i><ul><li>New introductions commissioned from today's top writers and scholars <li>Biographies of the authors <li>Chrologies of contemporary historical, biographical, and cultural events <li>Foottes and endtes <li>Selective discussions of imitations, parodies, poems, books, plays, paintings, operas, statuary, and films inspired by the work <li>Comments by other famous authors <li>Study questions to challenge the reader's viewpoints and expectations <li>Bibliographies for further reading <li>Indices & Glossaries, when appropriate</li></ul>All editions are beautifully designed and are printed to superior specifications; some include illustrations of historical interest. <i>Barnes & Noble Classics </i>pulls together a constellation of influencesbiographical, historical, and literaryto enrich each reader's understanding of these enduring works.As legend has it, the storyteller <b>Aesop</b> was a slave who lived in ancient Greece during the sixth century B.C. His memorable, recountable fables have brought amusing characters to life and driven home thought-provoking morals for generations of listeners and modern-day readers. Translated into countless languages and familiar to people around the world, Aesop s fables never tarnish despite being told again and again.This collection presents nearly 300 of Aesop s most entertaining and enduring storiesfrom The Hare and the Tortoise and The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse to The Goose That Laid the Golden Eggs and The Wolf in Sheep s Clothing. Populated by a colorful array of animal characters who personify every imaginable human typefrom fiddling grasshoppers and diligent ants to sly foxes, wicked wolves, brave mice, and grateful lionsthese timeless tales are as fresh and relevant today as when they were first created.Full of humor, insight, and wit, the tales in Aesop s Fables champion the value of hard work and perseverance, compassion for others, and honesty. They are age-old wisdom in a delicious form, for the consumption of adults and children alike.</p><b>D. L. Ashliman</b> is emeritus professor at the University of Pittsburgh. He taught folklore, mythology, German, and comparative literature at that institution for thirty-one years. He has also served as guest professor at the University of Augsburg in Germany.
- Author(s)D. L. Ashliman
- PublisherBarnes & Noble Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2003
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBarnes & Noble Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width129 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $20.83
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.64
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.56
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $11.84
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.