All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Aesthetic Medicine: Art and Techniques provides step-by-step instructions in the procedures and techniques commonly employed in aesthetic medicine. The book is divided into four parts, the first two of which offer an introduction to aesthetic medicine and discuss preoperative assessment and treatment. Detailed guidance is then given on a wide range of cutaneous procedures, including the use of botulinum toxins, dermabrasion and microdermabrasion, cryotherapy, chemical peel skin resurfacing, laser treatments, mesotherapy, sclerotherapy, capacitive radiofrequency treatment, and the use of dermarollers. The final part of the book is devoted to techniques employed in shaping the face and body, such as breast and facial augmentation, penile enhancement, liposuction, and management of hair loss or excess hair. All procedures are depicted with the aid of numerous high-quality illustrations and color photographs. This book will serve as an excellent guide for both beginners and experienced practitioners.
- Author BiographyPeter Michael Prendergast, BMedSc, MB, BCh, BAO (Hons), MRCSI, works in private practice in aesthetic medicine. He is Medical Director of Venus Medical Beauty, a medical centre in Dublin specializing in nonsurgical and minimally invasive cosmetic procedures. Dr. Prendergast is founder and president of the European College of Aesthetic Medicine and a founding member of the Irish Association of Cosmetic Doctors. He is also a Fellow of the American Society for Lasers in Medicine and Surgery. Dr. Prendergast has BACD certification in botulinum toxin and dermal implants and is also an official trainer for VASER-assisted lipoplasty in Europe. Melvin A. Shiffman, MD, JD, FCLM, received his MD from Northwestern University School of Medicine in 1957 and completed his residency in general surgery in 1964 at the Veterans Administration Hospital, Long Beach, California. Since then he has been continuously involved in the practice of oncologic surgery, reconstruction, and cosmetic surgery. In 2002, Dr. Shiffman became Chair of the Section of Surgery at Tustin Hospital and Medical Center and in 2009-10 he was President of the American College of Legal Medicine. He is Editor Emeritus of the American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery, a member of the International Editorial Board of the International Journal of Cosmetic Medicine and Surgery, and an examiner for the International Board of Cosmetic Surgery. Dr. Shiffman is the recipient of many honors and is a Fellow of various colleges and societies.He is Chair of Section of Surgery at Newport Specialty Hospital (AKA Tustin Hospital and Medical Center) and has published more than 290 articles, edited 30 books, and written over 130 book chapters.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication23/09/2011
- SubjectSurgery: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 405 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight1540 g
- Width193 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byMelvin A. Shiffman,Peter M. Prendergast
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.