All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis book covers all aspects of aesthetic breast surgery in an instructive, step-by-step format. The descriptions of procedures are completely up to date, encompassing newly introduced techniques and recent modifications of established techniques. Individual parts of the book are devoted to breast augmentation, mastopexy, and breast reduction. Detailed consideration is also given to risks and complications, with guidance on their avoidance and the treatment of complications. In addition, anatomy, anesthesia, and a range of miscellaneous procedures applicable in specific circumstances are all well covered. The authors are ackwledged experts in their fields who draw on a wealth of experience in describing and illustrating their personally favored techniques. Aesthetic Surgery of the Breast will be an ideal reference for both students (residents and fellows) and practicing cosmetic, plastic, and general surgeons.
- Author BiographyToma T. Mugea, MD, PhD, is Professor and Chief of the Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery Department in the Medical and Pharmacy Faculty of Oradea Medical University, Oradea, Romania. He is a Consultant in both Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery and General Surgery. Dr. Mugea has long been a leading figure in surgery in Romania. He was Founding General Secretary of the Romanian Society of Aesthetic Surgery, established in 1994, and served as President of the Society from 1998 until 2011, when he was appointed President of Honor. He was also a founding member of the Romanian Society of Microsurgery, Cluj, in 1992 and the Romanian Society of Hand Surgery in 1995. In 2011 Dr. Mugea served as General Secretary of the European Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Societies, and he is also the Romanian delegate at IQUAM and a member of the Quality in Plastic Surgery Subcommittee of IPRAS (International Confederation for Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery). Dr. Mugea is a past Board Director of the International Academy of Cosmetic Surgery and a Member of Honor of the South American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. He is the author of more than 60 papers in national and international journals. Melvin A. Shiffman, MD, JD, FCLM, received his MD from Northwestern University School of Medicine in 1957 and completed his residency in general surgery in 1964 at the Veterans Administration Hospital, Long Beach, California. Since then he has been continuously involved in the practice of oncologic surgery, reconstruction, and cosmetic surgery. In 2002, Dr. Shiffman became Chair of the Section of Surgery at Tustin Hospital and Medical Center and in 2009-10 he served as President of the American College of Legal Medicine. He is Editor Emeritus of the American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery, a member of the Scientific Committee of the American Journal of Aesthetic Medicine, and an examiner for the International Board of Cosmetic Surgery. He is also a former Editor-in-Chief of both the American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery and the International Journal of Cosmetic Surgery. Dr. Shiffman is the recipient of many honors and is a Fellow of various colleges and societies. He has published almost 300 articles, authored or edited 34 books, and written more than 140 book chapters.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication19/11/2014
- SubjectSurgery: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note89 black & white illustrations, 903 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight2431 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine49 mm
- Edited byMelvin A. Shiffman,Toma T. Mugea
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.