CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionAesthetics is a branch of philosophy dealing with the nature of art, beauty, and taste, with the creation and appreciation of beauty. It is more scientifically defined as the study of sensory or sensori-emotional values, sometimes called judgments of sentiment and taste. More broadly, scholars in the field define aesthetics as critical reflection on art, culture and nature. In modern English, the term aesthetic can also refer to a set of principles underlying the works of a particular art movement or theory for example; the Cubist aesthetic. For some, aesthetics is considered a synym for the philosophy of art since Hegel, while others insist that there is a significant distinction between these closely related fields. In practice, aesthetic judgement refers to the sensory contemplation or appreciation of an object (t necessarily an art object), while artistic judgement refers to the recognition, appreciation or criticism of art or an art work. Philosophical aesthetics has t only to speak about art and to produce judgments about art works, but has also to give a definition of what art is. Art is an automous entity for philosophy, because art deals with the senses (i. e. the etymology of aesthetics) and art is as such free of any moral or political purpose. Hence, there are two different conceptions of art in aesthetics: art as kwledge or art as action, but aesthetics is neither epistemology r ethics. This book concentrates on the branch of philosophy called aesthetics. This book is designed to be a reference and provide an overview of the topic and give the reader a structured kwledge to familiarize yourself with the topic at the most affordable price possible. The accuracy and kwledge is of an international viewpoint as the edited articles represent the inputs of many kwledgeable individuals and some of the most current kwledge on the topic, based on the date of publication.
- Author BiographyPaul F. Kisak is an Engineer & Former Intelligence Officer for the US intelligence Community. He has authored several books, edited over 92 books and has written over 75 Technical, Classified & Unclassified papers, Articles & Essays. He has also written for an International Encyclopedia on Intelligence and Counter-Intelligence and written several award-winning satellite simulation software manuals that have been sold in more than a dozen countries. He has also appeared in Marquis Who's Who in the World & Who's Who in Science & Engineering and continues to edit and write.
- Author(s)Edited by Paul F Kisak
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication12/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.