All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionThe planned reductions in NATO troop numbers in Afghanistan through 2015 and a final withdrawal at the end of 2016 brings up numerous pressing questions about the security and national interests of t just Afghanistan, but of the broader region itself. The problem of a chaotic Afghanistan-or of an outright Taliban victory-is of great concern to t only immediate neighbors such as Iran, Pakistan, and the former Soviet Central Asian republics to the rth, but also to those countries in the region with Afghanistan-related security or ecomic concerns, such as China and India. Further abroad, Russian, American and European interests and plans for dealing with the fallout from Afghanistan must also be taken into account as these major powers have enduring interests in Afghanistan and the region. This volume puts the prospects for short- and mid-term security dynamics at the core of the analysis, with each case being placed in its proper contemporary historical, ecomic, and political context. The book will offer a truly comprehensive, nuanced, and timely account of the security situation in and around Afghanistan.
- Author BiographyAmin Saikal is professor and director of the Centre for Arab and Islamic Studies (Middle East and Central Asia) at the Australian National University. Kirill Nourzhanov is senior lecturer at the Centre for Arab and Islamic Studies (Middle East and Central Asia) at the Australian National University.
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication04/03/2016
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleContemporary Central Asia: Societies, Politics, and Cultures
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAmin Saikal,Kirill Nourzhanov
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.