All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionThis authoritative, widely adopted text provides a broad introduction to the geography of Africa south of the Sahara. The book analyzes the political, ecomic, social, and environmental processes that shape resource use and development in this large, diverse region. Students gain a context for understanding current development debates and addressing questions about the nature and sustainability of contemporary changes. Timely topics include the rise of foreign investment in Africa, the evolving geographies of rural-urban linkages, the birth of the Republic of South Sudan, and advances in the struggle against HIV/AIDS. New to This Edition: *Fully updated to reflect the latest data and trends in development. *Chapters on development theory, cultural and societal diversity, the political geography of postindependence Africa, ecomic integration, and the geography of poverty. *Substantially revised coverage of gender dynamics, urban living environments, mineral and energy resources, and many other topics. Pedagogical Features Include: *Vignettes in every chapter that provide detailed case studies from a variety of countries and elaborate on key concepts. *Recommendations for further reading on each topic, including print and online sources. *Companion website with downloadable PowerPoint slides of all original figures, photos, and tables. *An extensive glossary.
- Author BiographyRobert Stock, PhD, is Associate Professor in the Department of Geography at the University of Winnipeg, Manitoba. He previously held positions at the University of Saskatchewan and at Queen's University, Ontario.
- Author(s)Robert F. Stock
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication09/01/2013
- Series TitleTexts in Regional Geography
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, maps, figures
- Weight1034 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.