All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSamella Lewis has brought African American Art and Artists fully up to date in this revised and expanded edition. The book w looks at the works and lives of artists from the eighteenth century to the present, including new work in traditional media as well as in installation art, mixed media, and digital/computer art. Mary Jane Hewitt, an author, curator, and longtime friend of Samella Lewis', has written an introduction to the new edition. Generously and handsomely illustrated, the book continues to reveal the rich legacy of work by African American artists, whose art is w included in the permanent collections of national and international museums as well as in major private collections.
- Author BiographySamella Lewis is Professor Emerita of Art History, Scripps College, and the author of The Art of Elizabeth Catlett (2000) and Caribbean Visions: Contemporary Painting and Sculpture (1995).
- Author(s)Samella Lewis
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication14/03/2003
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note125 color illustrations, 201 b/w photographs
- Weight953 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Introduction byMary Jane Hewitt
- Foreword byFloyd Coleman
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementExpanded edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.15
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.33
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.66
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $44.93
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.12
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.03
- AU $49.56Trending at AU $56.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.