All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionFour centuries of African American preaching has provided hope, healing, and heaven for people from every walk of life. Many table men and women of African American lineage have contributed, through the art of preaching, to the biblical emancipation and spiritual liberation of their parishioners. In African American Preaching: The Contribution of Dr. Gardner C. Taylor, Gerald Lamont Thomas offers a historical overview of African American preaching and its effect on the cultural legacy of black people, ting the various styles and genius of pulpit orators. The book's focus is on the life, ministry, and preaching methodology of one of this era's most prolific voices, Dr. Gardner C. Taylor, and should be read by everyone who takes the task of preaching seriously.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Gerald Lamont Thomas is Senior Pastor of Shiloh Baptist Church in Plainfield, New Jersey, and former Professor of Preaching at the Eastern Baptist Theological Seminary in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. A native of Youngstown, Ohio, Thomas earned his Ph.D. in Preaching and M.Div. from Southern Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky. He received his B.A. in economics from Howard University in Washington, D.C., and worked in corporate business for over twelve years. Pastor Thomas has served the Pilgrim Baptist Church and Burnett Avenue Baptist Church, both in Kentucky, and the Metropolitan Baptist Church in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He has preached and lectured across the United States, Africa, and the Caribbean.
- Author(s)Gerald Lamont Thomas
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2004
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleMartin Luther King Jr. Memorial Studies in Religion, Culture, and Social Development
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight460 g
- Height230 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.