All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis anthology presents plays which articulate African American culture in a Western frame and plays with universal themes embedded in unique characters, stories, language and time periods. Theatrically appropriate for secondary students, the plays create venues for discussion about issues.
- Author BiographyKathryn M. Ervin is an Artist Educator in the Department of Theatre Arts at California State University, San Bernadino. A director and acting teacher, her special interest is in theatre for marginalized populations. She is a member and past president of the Black Theatre Network, a fellow of The California Arts Project and active in several national theatre organizations. Ethel Pitts Walker is Professor of Theatre Arts and teaches in the African American Studies Department at San Jose State University. She is a past president of the Black Theatre Network and the California Educational Theatre Association. Author of numerous articles, she is editor of New/Lost Plays by Ed Bullins and is working on a biography of Dr. Thomas D. Pawley, one of the deans of educational theatre.
- Author(s)Ethel P. Walker,Ethel Pitts-Walker,Kathryn Ervin
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication07/10/1999
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleSourcebooks on Education
- Series Part/Volume Number57
- Place of PublicationCT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGarland Publishing Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byEthel P. Walker,Kathryn Ervin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.